AMITA is a safe therapeutic holding space where you are respected for what you share and experience. Your journey is precious and we respect your choices and decisions. Our dialogues are to co-create choices that integrate your experiences through the therapeutic process towards the journey to your well-being. We assure complete confidentiality and a non-judgmental approach. We are compassionate and would deliver quality by using proven strategies.
The website is operated by PEARLSS 4 Development Private Limited for the purpose of providing mental health interventions and psychotherapy. Services provided here are not a substitute for independent advice from your own or another treating health professional and hence are not intended to be used as Medical Advice to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent medical conditions other than mental health and/or psychological concerns. You are advised to get a confirmatory diagnosis from your psychiatrist too.
We understand that it is not easy to acknowledge and seek help regarding mental health concerns. This is an initiative to help you help yourself by working with us to address your difficulties. The psychological services are provided through a range of therapists you can choose considering their competencies and their rates. At AMITA, the onus of choice is given to you; however, if you wish to talk to us before making the decision, we are happy to talk to you and you call us on 984988288.
This informed consent form is to help you understand your rights as a prospective client. It also. As the goal of this therapeutic alliance is your well-being, we hope to empower you as a consumer of our services by informing you of your rights, alongside explaining the terms and conditions for the service of availing of mental health services.
The therapists listed on the site are accredited, mental healthcare professionals drawn from the teaching hospitals of mental health institutions in the Country and recognized under the Mental HealthCare Act. The academic qualifications of the therapists are mentioned, along with their respective areas of interest and specializations. We have verified their certification and registrations to ensure that you receive the best.
As a prospective client, you have the freedom to approach a therapist of your choice based on specific concerns. You also have the right to decide whether the therapist of choice is able to address the raised concerns, which can be followed by requesting a change of therapist or a change of approach.
The relationship between a client and the therapist is strictly professional in nature. Any other form of business or personal relationship between a therapist and a client may undermine the efficacy of the treatment process. No form of gift exchange shall take place between a therapist and the client. If you face any form of discomfort, you are free to discuss it with your therapist and if you wish to escalate it further, you could email us at email@example.com or call us at 9849882788.
The duration of a session ranges from 45 to 60 minutes, as decided by the therapist and you according to the need of the session. There is no fixed number of sessions required for a particular concern as therapy is personalized to suit the needs of the individual concerned. The number of sessions required by a client would depend on the client’s progress and can be further discussed with the therapist. As a client, you have the right to object to or terminate treatment without any repercussions, unless you have been court-ordered to attend therapy.
Pricing of services
The price of the sessions at AMITA will depend on the individual rates set by each professional. This could possibly depend on factors such as level of specialization, years of experience, areas of expertise, number of sessions, etc. The amount per session charged by each professional is mentioned alongside their qualifications and areas of expertise/interest in their profile on the website.
Cancellation of sessions and Refund Policy
Cancellations can be made online. Cancellations for refund shall be made 48 hours prior to the session. Cancellations for sessions and payments made after registration 48 hours before the said sessions are not eligible for a refund. We do, however, issue refunds under special circumstances such as factual errors, duplicate payments, incorrect denominations, and other improper payment deductions when the recipient suffers an undue loss at the discretion of the management.
- We only issue refunds based on the facts of a specific instance. We reserve the right to decline refunds for any reason we consider appropriate.
- All refunds will be issued to the same account or card that was used to make the initial payment.
- Refunds will only be processed following full verification of the account holder’s credentials.
- We do not accept refunds by cheque or cash. Only online refunds are available.
- Any additional costs incurred in the process of transfer by the client, such as bank transactions costs, services costs, applicable taxes or processing fees, are not refundable.
- Refunds are not subject to payment of interest over the sum.
- We shall not be held liable if the client does not receive the refund as a result of inaccurate or incomplete information provided by the client.
Purpose of collecting and retaining information
In these exceptional circumstances leading to a breach of confidentiality, attempts will be made to communicate the same to you. If we wish to use the data for research or any other purposes, we will reach out to you to obtain your permission. There are a few specific situations when the confidentiality agreement may be nullified-
- If the therapist has knowledge of the client’s intent to cause bodily injury to self or another.
- If the therapist has reasonable suspicion of child or abuse of a dependent adult.
- If the therapist receives a court order to reveal the details of treatment.
- If the client enters into litigation against the therapist, thereby losing his privilege of confidentiality.
- In case of the couple and family therapy, the therapist maintains the right to disclose confidential information to other participants in the family or couple therapy, if he/she feels it is in the best interests of the family or couple to do so.
- If the case of clients who are minors, the therapist may discuss aspects of the client’s care with the client’s parents or legal guardians (may vary from therapist to therapist, context to context).
Any further questions regarding confidentiality can be discussed with the therapist or you could call on our helpline at 9849882788.
We understand that seeking help can be a daunting and challenging task. As such, help from clinically trained professionals can enable clients to develop coping techniques to manage their difficulties better.
The journey towards betterment includes its own share of ups and downs. There may be instances during or after a session, any client/patient including you may feel emotionally or physically distressed. This is normal and should be part of one’s healing process. A therapy’s success shall depend on the collaborative efforts of the therapist and the client/patient.
- I have read through the informed consent form and fully understand the contents indicated therein
- I understand the terms of confidentiality, and also the limitations by which the therapist should abide by law
- I understand my rights, responsibilities, and limitations as a client
- I am above the legal age of consent and hereby voluntarily give my informed consent with full knowledge of my rights and obligations
- I am below the legal age of consent
*In case of cognitive impairment of a client, this may be duly filled by a family member or legally appointed guardian, after an appropriate explanation of services is provided to the individual concerned.